Modsy (modsy.com) is defining the future of home shopping. Imagine experiencing products, professionally curated to your taste, in your own living space! You are saying, “wait, did I read that right?” Yep, we are creating personalized shopping experiences for everyone and we need you to lead this passionate, fun, and diverse team.
This role requires a leader to help redefine how people shop online. Modsy tech has never been seen before at the scale and fidelity currently being delivered. The 3D Visualization, the shopping experience, the ability for customers create their own design online - it’s a powerful technology that delights customers and allows them to see possibilities they could not imagine on their own.
The consumer experience is designed to intuitively capture a customer’s style preferences, lead them to capture their room details, display their high fidelity designs, and enable to shop and buy. This is a deep and engaging experience and it needs to be as fast and simple as possible. You will take your years of experience building high performing consumer apps to bring delight to the Modsy customer.
While you are at it, we should talk about culture. The team at Modsy is passionate about their work. It’s fun. The problems are challenging and require experimentation along with the ability to fail and never give up. Innovation is rewarding work. Balancing innovation, precise delivery, and quality all while maintaining an excellent employee experience is expected.
This role requires 5+ years of professional experience and 2+ years of people management experience with teams of 3-8 people in size. Experience managing remote teams is a plus.
Candidates located in the San Francisco Bay Area; Portland, Oregon; or Toronto, Canada will be considered for this position.
We are so excited to work with you!
What you will accomplish in 90 days
● Some portion of your time will be hands-on coding and learning the systems.
● Establish a rapport with your team and connect with the rest of the Modsy family.
● Take ownership of team resourcing and planning, be accountable for delivery.
● Partner with the recruiting team and take ownership of the hiring plan.
What you will accomplish in 180 days
● Collaborate with product managers, architects, designers, quality engineers, architects, scientists, and your team to understand how Modsy innovates.
● Establish a culture that balances precise execution while allowing for experimentation and innovation.
● Help develop an interview process that provides a world-class candidate experience.
● Ensure that your team has smart measurable goals and career development plans
What you will accomplish in 2 years
● Modsy is viewed as a company differentiated by technology, smart simple products and a world-class team that engineers want to join and experience an opportunity of a lifetime.