About the Role
Here at LendingClub, we take pride in helping our customers through our ethos of service: Lending Care. As leaders in the market, we seek individuals who are beginning their career, inspired by our vision, and embody our values.
By joining the Customer Support Chat Team, you’ll have the opportunity to empower those who strive to achieve financial success. In this role, you’ll provide best-in-class customer service through three simple principles:
“Build a Relationship, Make It Easy, and Think Ahead”
What You'll Do
- Provide extraordinary service to customers in a fast-paced contact center environment
- Listen and seek to understand the customer’s true request to create thoughtful solutions
- Help us build upon our foundation of Lending Care and uphold the reputation of best-in-class service
- Continue to learn the business and take ownership of your role and responsibilities
- 6+ months years of customer service experience, preferably in a call center environment. Experience with Live-Chat, written channel or automated customer service platforms a plus.
- Think ahead and provide solutions that anticipate future needs
- Simplify complex processes and make it easy for customers to grasp; with the ability to manage and de-escalate difficult and complicated problems
- Are passionate about building relationships and improving customer experiences
- Adapt to new situations by thinking on your feet
- Strive to implement feedback and dedicate time to your professional development
- Genuinely curious about people and business, while inspiring passion in others
- Can be flexible with your schedule availability and can work early mornings or Saturday rotations, if asked
- Are able to comprehend & respond to all customer queries (through Chat) with Immediate resolution (Real Time) to ensure customer satisfaction
- Show a high attention to detail
- Excel within a data/metrics driven organization
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize tone and mood of customer through written communication
- Show a strong customer centric approach to situations to deliver superior service
- Demonstrate proven abilities in personalizing a conversation and showing empathy in your communication
- Are adept at navigating between 2-3 conversations at the same time and type between 40-50 words per minute
- College degree, preferred
- Customer support experience in a high-volume environment
- Experience in banking and finance
- Experience with reviewing financial documents
- Familiar with CRM platforms
Why you should join…
A great place to build your career
We want you to learn and grow with us. Onboarding programs, on-the-job training, career-development sessions, and performance check-ins keep you on a path toward the next level. Last year, 57% of our new Operations managers were promotions from within the company.
We celebrate individuality
Individual perspectives and experiences make us and our business better—there is no “typical” LendingClub employee. We encourage everyone to voice their opinions, while retaining the humility to listen and accept other viewpoints. Employee resource groups—like our women’s, veterans, Latinx, and LGBTQ groups—offer more ways to feel connected and supported within our LendingClub community.
You are worth it
We want every employee to feel valued. One way we do that is through our generous compensation and benefits package, which includes
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.