This is a contract role with variable hours, which will be cyclical depending on the needs of the team at any given time.
Research at Udemy is poised in a unique position to have significant impact on the business. Reporting into the product team, our research team of five four plays a key role in leading and inspiring teams to create the next generation of products. We bring empathetic advocacy of our users’ actuality to every business group in the company - from product and design to brand strategy and content. Our goal is to ensure each department has the right insights to develop innovative products and messaging that resonate with our customers.
As our UX Research Participant Recruiter, you will be a critical member of UX research team, focusing on fielding and administrative logistics. You will help define and execute new processes and protocols that will improve the overall management of studies across the research organization. The main activities for this position consist of supporting the UX researchers in planning and executing the details necessary for a precise study fielding/recruit and a flawless participant experience. Examples include addressing logistical questions from participants and researchers, managing and overseeing sourcing, screening and scheduling of research participants, providing incentives, and ensuring that we are able to meet with users in established timelines.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- At least 1-2+ years of experience showing skills related to this position, such as a research assistant, project coordinator, guest relations, or other similar roles
- The ability to communicate clearly and politely with participants, stakeholders, and researchers
- Experience with using online collaboration/spreadsheet and calendar management tools
- Strong organizational skills, unflagging attention to detail, and demonstrated commitment to the accuracy and completeness of information
- Solid project management, information organization, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solving skills to experiment and try new ways of doing things
- Flexibility and are able to react in an ever-changing environment
- A self-starter mindset who can work independently and collaborate effectively remotely and in-person
We understand that outstanding candidates can come from a variety of backgrounds. While specific experience is important, we are ultimately looking for candidates who have the personal characteristics to thrive in a growing user-focused business. The ideal candidate will likely meet many or most of the job criteria listed above.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 30 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).