About the role:
The Operations Strategy Manager will be responsible for strategic analysis of Operations at Grove Collaborative. We are looking for the best and brightest to drive analysis for strategic decisions. Senior management heavily depends on the Operations Strategy team to accurately track trends in performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
This role will reside in the Company’s corporate headquarters in San Francisco and report to the VP of Operations Strategy.
The Strategy Manager will be responsible for supporting strategic decision making for Grove’s Operations organization where we are maniacal about improving the customer experience and optimizing costs. Your day-to-day work will vary, but responsibilities will likely include:
· Partnering with Operations leadership to forecast order volume, productivity, and capacity, identifying issues and opportunities to improve service and cost at Grove fulfillment centers.
· Partnering with transportation leader to optimize outbound shipping costs and shipping time in transit.
· Compiling and reporting key operational and financial metrics and trends for the organization and continuously refine and develop the best metrics and reporting methods.
· Identifying trends in business that can be leveraged to drive continued improvements to the customer experience and cost structure.
· Developing insightful analyses and presentations that facilitate decision-making for senior Grove management, including reconciliation of top-down performance goals within bottoms-up performance metrics.
· Supporting senior management on all relevant operating analysis.
Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators. Prior experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, and/or corporate/investment banking is preferred. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and statistical analysis and developing/delivering recommendations based on this analysis.
The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the requirements of executive leadership. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
Grove is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and be disciplined to work effectively autonomously.
· Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields
· 5+ years of experience as an analyst-manager in a management consulting or corporate/investment banking firm or a corporate strategy team
· Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Skill presenting analyses to management
· Extremely proficient with MS Excel & PowerPoint
· Must be willing to travel to fulfillment centers and expect to get your hands dirty working side by side with management and hourly employees
· Working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages a big plus
· Experience working with Operations and ecommerce fulfillment a big plus
We are remaking the future of consumer goods and want you to join us.
If you join, you'll get:
Very Competitive Compensation.
Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental benefits.
All the equipment and applications you will need to excel at your job.
25% Employee Discount on all of our amazing products!
An opportunity to make big impacts in a visible role as well as to build your skillset!
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.