About Health Catalyst
Health Catalyst provides data and analytics software and services to help providers and risk-bearing entities unleash their data to operate in a data-informed manner, driving improvements in their clinical and financial operations. Health Catalyst was named as one of the 30 Best Workplaces in Technology by Fortune Magazine and the 11th best place to work by Glassdoor. Health Catalyst’s platform and applications are being used at leading health systems including, John Muir Health, UPMC, MultiCare Health System, Partners HealthCare, Banner Health, Stanford Health Care, Texas Children’s Hospital, and over 40 others; enabling the Company to analyze healthcare records of over 100 million patients. Our team lives the cultural attributes of Smart, Hardworking and Humble. Learn more about working at Health Catalyst here: https://www.healthcatalyst.com/company/careers/key-health-catalyst-values.
The Platform Operations Team will be filling two Data Engineer Intern positions. Interns will assist in several aspects of the design, development, and deployment of the DOS Platform. Interns will support to both the Implementation and Technical Director sub-teams. All work is done in a team setting with a focus on team accountability and success.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure expected requirements are met per organizational standards
- Perform varied analyses to support organization and client improvement
- Responsible for managing documentation on project requirements; design standards; principles and training
- Perform data validation tests to ensure quality on client data
- Source Mapping, Peer Reviews, ETL, Data analysis
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- High comfort level interacting together with colleagues
- Ability to adapt to change and learn new technologies quickly
- Exhibited behaviors of Health Catalyst’s Cultural Attributes
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Highly Desired Skills
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Working knowledge of Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) applications
- Healthcare/clinical/HL7 experience
- Working knowledge of database fundamentals, principles, modeling and processes
Education & Relevant Experience
- Enrolled in college – preferably working toward a technical degree
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.