What You'll Do
As a Motor Design Engineer, you are responsible for defining the mechanical architecture of new electric powertrain concepts and being the primary builder through all phases of hardware development. You will work closely with adjoining teams (ID, electrical, firmware, testing, manufacturing, supply chain) as well as less senior members of the mechanical engineering team to to design, prototype, test, and ship.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years in the design engineering field - strong preference for transportation, consumer electronics, batteries, and industrial products.
- 3+ years experience doing design work on mass-production products.
- 3+ years designing motors or geartrains.
- Strong Solidworks skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or similar.
- Experience taking a design from concept through deployment including fundamental analysis.
- To be a highly prolific and creative individual (in both personal and professional contexts) with a proven record of innovative design solutions.
- Very good communication skills and working cross functionally.
- Experience working with vendors and suppliers.
- Electric motor design experience.
About the Team
JUMP is building the future of urban mobility: shared electric bikes that are the quickest, most enjoyable, and most empowering way to get around a city. Cheaper than most public transit and faster than cars in traffic, JUMP e-bikes radically improve local transportation. Founded in 2010, JUMP pioneered dockless bike share and has deployed more than 15,000 bikes in 6 countries. Our goal is to transform cities, making them more sustainable, equitable, and livable through electric mobility. Recently acquired by Uber, our next step is to scale what we’ve done 100x - and launch electric bike sharing systems in every major city, globally. To make this vision a reality we need to grow our team. We place tremendous value on our company’s roots and culture: a mix of ingenuity, controlled chaos, hard work, and sense of purpose. This is a great opportunity to join a small but rapidly growing team that is shaping the future of transportation.