About the Role
Uber's Strategic Finance team is uniquely positioned to have visibility into Uber’s overall global business and to leverage financial & operational data to reach insights others might not be able to make. The team is responsible for working closely with cross-functional teams to support with financial planning, tracking key financial metrics, driving efficiency, and making product and business recommendations.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support one of our high growth businesses and use insights to help Uber prioritize initiatives and reach conclusions. As part of the summer program, your deliverable will be a business recommendation to the Strategic Finance Leadership team.
**Please submit a brief cover letter describing your interest in the role and what makes you a great candidate**
What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with the Global team that supports the Rides, Eats, NeMo, Freight or Corporate business
- Work cross-functionally across the organization to develop financial forecasts and operational goals
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to new initiatives, products, and business opportunities
- Build sophisticated financial models from scratch, improve existing models, and break complex models down into component parts
- Lead initiatives that globally optimize our different product P&Ls
- Help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise
- Partner closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals
What You’ll Need
- Currently enrolled in a BS/BA or MS/MA program (anticipated graduation in 2020) in Finance, Accounting, Economics, STEM or similar
- Minimum 1 year of involvement in extracurricular groups, activities, or employment opportunities
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to structure effective presentations
- Attention to detail and ability to execute in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter - you take initiative, set goals, and meet them
- Basic knowledge of GAAP and experience with Excel
Bonus Points For
- Prior analytical internship experience in the technology industry, including FP&A, investment banking, management consulting or private equity
- Leadership positions in any extracurricular activities
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, enterprise-level financial planning systems, SQL, and/or statistical software packages
About the Team
The Strategic Finance team is a global and inclusive team that excels at combining strategy and real numbers. We are partners and leaders helping to set the financial and strategic direction of the company.
We are embedded in all the global businesses and functions of Uber, setting the financial plans and operating cadence. However, our work really begins when the plans are set. We proactively connect the dots, set the course, and help the company deliver on its goals.
We also don’t just say how it is. We are part of the team that finds and implements the solutions to our biggest challenges.