What You’ll Do
- Perform verification, validation and testing activities
- Testing of circuit boards, cameras, lidar, radar, micro controllers and computer systems
- Design, build and maintain electrical test fixtures
- Develop test cases to validate hardware/software integration
- Develop tools and methods to automate testing for rapid deployment
- Perform a wide range of tests (e.g. analog, digital timing, reliability, burn-in, in-circuit testing, functional testing, etc.)
- Programming in C-like languages, and high-level languages like Python, LabView or Matlab.
- Utilize data acquisition systems
- Maintain engineering processes, documentation, and configuration management
What You’ll Need
- Creative problem solving for complex electrical systems
- Prototype development and testing experience
- Broad general EE knowledge
- Ability to design, build and maintain hardware-in-the-loop testing environments
- Experience debugging problems with communication data links
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values
Our hardware team's role is to develop and integrate UBER self-driving technologies into existing and future vehicle platforms of multiple OEM’s at scale.