Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking to add an Analytics Lead, Marketing Mix Modeling to our Data and Analytics team. This person will lead our marketing mix effort and work with members of our Marketing Analytics and Acquisition Marketing teams to build our marketing spend and marketing mix strategy and improve our marketing efficiency and effectiveness. We are a data driven company, so there are no shortage of interesting questions to answer!
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
We’re looking for someone to be the analytical firepower that drives our data-driven approach to marketing optimization, specifically:
- Lead and build marketing mix model development to help drive increased understanding of marketing spend impact and a full spectrum of factors on revenue
- Create a process in conjunction with the Acquisition team to use the model to drive marketing spend and effectiveness
- Lead the effort to implement marketing mix simulation and optimization tools
- Provide marketing spending and media mix strategic recommendations and drive significant business impact (effectiveness and efficiency) through spend and media mix optimization
- Build comprehensive testing frameworks and roadmap to measure omni-channel marketing programs and champion a testing culture that rapidly tests, measures, and iterates, executing in conjunction with the Acquisition team to continually refine marketing mix model and strategy
- Lead the effort to enhance media attribution methodology and process, and enhance methodology and establish process on in-channel and cross-channel incrementality
Our dream candidate is...
- 6+ years of experience in advanced analytics with an emphasis on marketing analytics and marketing mix optimization, preferably at an omni-channel e-commerce brand with a high volume of complex data and/or familiar with the online and offline media landscape, and working with teams to successfully implement spend recommendations to drive business growth
- Expertise in advanced statistics and machine learning methodologies
- Strong technical skills including writing complex SQL queries, Python (preferred) or R, with solid understanding of open source data mining / data visualization software packages (e.g., pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib) a plus.
- Experience of implementing analytical models to business applications
- Strong communication skills and able to influence others to achieve buyin for recommendations
- Highly motivated self-starter. Flexible, adaptable, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!