Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are seeking a passionate technical leader to join our New York City based Technology team. Our Engineering Directors collaborate with team members to create technical strategy, build teams that ship impactful features, and coach humans to achieve their goals.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Own technical strategy and roadmap for our fulfillment and e-commerce platforms
- Manage our existing teams and help build new ones through coaching of new management and leadership talent
- Foster productive collaboration between disparate functions, teams, and departments across Casper
- Build a diverse pipeline of engineers and people managers to serve Casper’s needs in the future
Our dream candidate is...
- Highly motivated and pushes teams to greatness
- Has a technical degree or equivalent work experience
- A versatile people manager for both individual contributors and other managers
- Has experience working in scalable backend systems, preferably with a focus on APIs and integrations with third-party enterprise software
- Experienced in building and contributing to diverse and inclusive work environments
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!