Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
The Senior Accountant would be responsible for to helping close the books, account reconciliations, and many other ad hoc projects.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Review shared cost allocations
- Execute financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to help management with business decisions
- You will oversee other accounting staff to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables, including providing improvements on the close calendar
- Assist in international accounting per intercompany agreements
- Assist in annual financial audits, including preparing audit schedules and responding to audit inquiries
- Assist in month end close (i.e. accruals, prepare workpapers for schedules for monthly reconciliations)
- Other assignments as required
- Work cross functionally with technical accounting, Finance, Legal, AP, Payroll, FP&A, Tax and various business owners on policies, processes, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
Our dream candidate has...
- BA/BS in accounting or finance, CPA preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar environment
- A mix of public and private experience
- Willingness to extend themselves and assist other people
- Understanding of financial controls
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Prior experience with an E-commerce and/or manufacturing entity
- Exposure to a SOX environment
- Prior start-up experience
- Accounts payable and/or accounts receivable experience
- Exposure to large JDE