Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Tech Ops team. We believe in maximizing the potential of our engineers by providing them with tools and systems that help reduce the time and effort to build and ship code. The role of the SRE will be to build and maintain a secure and stable platform as well as be an advocate for best practices for monitoring and systems architecture to the rest of our engineering team.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Build tools and systems to efficiently provision, deploy, and configure an increasing amount of applications.
- Provide expertise on monitoring and build a resilient application infrastructure to alert teams of SLA violations and issues.
- Spread your knowledge of operations and systems to help engineering teams own and operate solutions independently.
- Lead engineers in issue identification, remediation, and analysis so teams can effectively triage and prevent future occurrences.
Our dream candidate is...
- Taking the initiative to find solutions to gaps in deployment and operational systems.
- Loves to educate others and welcomes opportunities to learn new solutions and ideas.
- Understands the merits and tradeoffs of different solutions to a problem and readily shares
opinions on each.
- Demonstrates the ability to collect and provide useful metrics across the full stack.
- Can clarify ambiguity and tailor communication to audience.
The syrup on your waffles
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you! And Summer Fridays.
- Paid 5 week sabbatical after you have been with Casper family 5 years.
- Generous Parental Leave.
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!