Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
We are looking for a Sr. HR Business Partner (Generalist) (m/f/d) for our EU office in Berlin. The ideal candidate will be a self starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a dynamic, international environment. This is an exciting career opportunity for a commercially focused HR Generalist or HR Business Partner. As an HR Business Partner EU (m/f/d), you’ll work closely with both the NY-based HR team (functionally) and with the Casper EU management team (day to day) as the dedicated HR lead to the business unit.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Represent the People team as the Regional HR Generalist and day-to-day point of contact for managers and employees in the Berlin office
- Bring Casper’s Vision, Mission and Core Values to life in Berlin by ensuring a positive, professional and engaging work culture
- Oversee the employee lifecycle: recruiting, employee relations, HR operations, and employee experience and engagement
- Own HR operations including payroll execution, updating the talent management system, ensuring HR policy adherence, executing contract renewal, and overall HR administration
- Execute global HR programs in region, including: Annual/Mid year performance reviews, Goal Setting, compensation planning, learning programs & career pathing, company perks and benefits (key partners in NY: Comp/Benefits, L&D, Employee Comms/EX)
- Recommend and tailor company policies to regional and country requirements, honoring local customs and ensuring the company is competitive in local markets
- With VP People (NY), facilitate EU recruitment activities - sourcing strategy, talent identification, selection, and onboarding (recruitment at manager level and below)
- Build and maintain a strong business relationship with employees and leaders in Berlin, London, and in the NY Headquarters
- Actively identify gaps, propose and implement changes necessary to improve how-we-work and mitigate risk
- Reports to VP People, based in NY
Our dream candidate...
- Has minimum 4-5 years commercially-focused generalist HR experience working in fast paced tech or consumer goods companies. Must have spent minimum 2 years in same company delivering results and programming.
- Some experience retail or wholesale sales environments will be beneficial but is not essential
- Has operational HR experience as a Generalist or HR Business Partner, is knowledgeable in German employment law, experience managing employee relations, HR administration including policy development, and ideally has some experience in compensation, benefits and / or recruiting
- Is fluent in English and German, other European languages are a plus
- Has ideally worked in a subsidiary business
- Has worked with international teams. UK exposure is a plus
- Demonstrates excellent judgement; has strong business acumen, prioritization, problem solving, communication and influencing skills
- Is an open-minded, positive, enthusiastic, inspiring, result-oriented person
- Impeccable ethics
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and highly collaborative environment
- Loves sleep!
Yes, we’re friendly. Here’s our story!
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
The syrup on your waffles
- Competitive compensation package inclusive of a base salary, a target bonus, and equity, so that you’re part of the Casper family
- Generous vacation policy
- A very hip office in Berlin Mitte
- Travel to the New York Headquarters for key company meetings & events
- Catered lunches twice a week to catch up with your teammates
- Free snacks and coffee
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!