This is a mission critical role that will help bolster scalability and Performance of our product stack. We are looking for a star Automation/Performance test framework developer who has written test tools and test clients for enterprise applications and is capable of leading and owning a significant portion of the Performance framework while working in an Agile realm. The ideal candidate will have passion for performance and will drive performance improvements in response time, capacity and scalability across all the new initiatives. Evangelize and support the performance work across all the delivery teams. This position is located in Mountain View, CA HQ.
What you’ll be doing…
- Participate and review the requirements and development design for performance framework, develop and implement next generation framework per design.
- Develop custom Performance Test Client that will be the key to Scalability tests across product stacks
- Understand changes to the architectural landscape and their Performance implications on existing systems
- Design performance tests from real-world usage scenarios. Conversely, relate performance findings back to real-world activity.
- Work closely with other domain and enterprise architects, to design solutions for performance and scalability. Make sure that the changes in other domains are not impacting the performance.
- Ensure timely proactive identification of performance issues, escalating issues as warranted
- Participate in the full SDLC, including meetings, estimations, planning and design sessions
Who you are...
- Able to effectively communicate and engage audiences across teams and roles
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment
- Possess a strong drive to Automate test cases for unmanned execution, analysis, and reporting.
What you’ve done...
- 8+ years experience with deep dive performance analysis on all layers of application stack and identification of the root cause of the performance issue
- Must have experience in tuning J2EE Complaint Application servers like Tomcat on Linux environment
- Proficient Understanding of JVM, Garbage Collection policies, Heap & Thread dump analysis required
- Experience in producing and presenting results and reports
- Java / J2EE and database programming experience with a solid understanding of object-oriented design and testing patterns is a plus
- Experience writing/developing custom tools and frameworks using Java is a plus
- Experience with one or more database technologies like Postgres, MySQL is a plus
- Performance testing on iOS /Android platforms or cloud based environment like Azure, AWS etc is a big plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering required
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.