Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease.
We are seeking a full-time Medical Affairs Intern for 10-12 weeks during the Summer of 2019 to help us accomplish that mission. The Medical Affairs team conducts clinical research, informs the clinical and behavioral science foundations of our programs, and supports the Commercial, Product, and Strategy teams within the company. Depending on your area of interest, you will positively impact our ambitious clinical agenda in one of these domains to develop effective programs that change health behaviors associated with chronic diseases.
- Work with the team to identify a strategic focus area for the summer that has high impact in the research or clinical product domains, with a particular emphasis on our mental health offerings
- Consult on design and iteration of new product features
- Review/synthesize published literature on intensive behavioral counseling products and services for a broad spectrum of chronic medical conditions with behavioral & psychological underpinnings
- Write clinical briefs, white papers, and training protocols on a variety of behavioral science topics
- Contribute to the execution and communication of Omada’s program of research
You will love this internship if you have/are
- Undergraduate science degree (preferably in health, clinical, or behavioral sciences)
- Pursuing or recently completed a graduate degree in a relevant field (e.g. PhD, PsyD, or ScD in clinical psychology, health promotion, health psychology, or a clinical specialty in public health or health sciences)
- Specialization in mental health (especially mood disorders, adjustment disorders, eating disorders)
- Experience in or exposure to delivering behavioral medicine in clinical settings (inpatient, outpatient, specialty care)
- Understanding of clinical trial designs, clinical research methodology, and health economics
- Ability to work independently and proactively on complex projects
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Collaborative working style and professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Positivity, psychological insight, empathy, and openness to continual feedback
- Competitive salary
- Healthy snacks and lunch
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
About Omada Health:
We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and BlueCross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.