At InfluxData, we focus on developer happiness and fastest time to awesome. At the core of this mission is a commitment to open source and the amazing community that contributes to it every day. We are the company supporting InfluxDB, the most popular Time Series Database in the world, and the open source products that power the InfluxData platform.
In this role, you’ll be a Product Manager for the open source offerings of InfluxData. Your focus will be oriented towards ease of use of the platform as a whole and focused on the developers who are storing, analyzing and creating tasks for metrics and events.
You’ll collaborate with our world-class engineers and product team to oversee the prioritization and planning of new capabilities, ensuring the security, and scale of the platform overall, and you’ll be working closely with the team to clarify requirements based on customer and community feedback.
You’ll also need to know how to manage your own time efficiently and work collaboratively with peers in other parts of the organization including documentation, QA, product marketing, support, and developer evangelists. We are a remote friendly company, so you will also need to be comfortable collaborating with people located across the world.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive feature development and task breakdowns across multiple development teams focused on our open source products.
- Organize weekly agile planning meetings with the engineering teams, during which upcoming features are discussed and prioritized
- Represent our users and provide needed feedback on new feature design and development to the team.
- Give engineers the user context they need to build amazing things.
- Frequently consult with users, sales, and our community members to gather feedback on future product requirements
- Take a hands-on approach for developing demonstrations utilizing the product and highlighting its key differentiators
- Write blog posts which surface valuable information about product developments and progress
Your skills and experience:
- +3 years experience as a Product Manager at a minimum (experience with open source software is preferred)
- 1-2 years of experience as a developer a plus
- DevOps or data center monitoring background a plus
- Superior communication skills; both written and verbal- with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels
- Natural curiosity and ability to understand complex technical systems
InfluxData provides a modern time series platform that has been designed from the ground up to handle metrics and events (time-series data). The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We're backed by Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures.
We offer fantastic benefits including:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and Commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.