Are you passionate about technology? Have a strong technical background? Have worked on SaaS, PaaS, IaaS? Do you like solving complex problems and have a flair for marketing? If so, come join our Technical Product Marketing team! We are looking for multi-dimensional rockstars with deep technical expertise to own and lead the marketing efforts of InfluxDB Cloud 2.0, aka our newest cloud platform!
Our time series platform is seriously one of a kind and our users range from developers, site reliability engineers (SREs), admins, architects, and more. As the Technical Product Marketing Manager, not only are you familiar with the persona of our users and speak their language, you can also translate technical benefits to a wide range of audiences. If you’re a sales engineer, product manager, or something similar, who wants to bridge the gap to marketing, this might be a great fit for you.
This role is based out of your San Francisco office, local candidates only please (we do not offer relocation assistance).
What You’ll Do:
- Articulate the technical benefits of the platform in a public setting, including speaking at technology conferences, company and partner events
- Create technical product positioning, messages, and use-case driven demos that will be used by cross-functional teams
- Fuel marketing and sales efforts by leading webinars and developing a rich pipeline of technical: demos, white papers, case studies, and more
- Evangelize new features, and highlight competitive advantages of our stack and upcoming releases in webinars and demos
- Translate complex technical topics into simple marketing concepts for diverse technical and non-technical audiences, turning deep and raw technical information into clear, easily-consumable, high-impact content that brings the value prop home
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of relevant experience; proven depth of technical knowledge, previous software development experience is highly preferred
- Demonstrated track record in crafting compelling developer-focused positioning and marketing content
- Previous marketing experience with SaaS products in the B2B infrastructure space
- Previous experience working with the developer audience
- Superior communication skills; both written and verbal, including presentation and facilitation skills
- A “whatever it takes to get the job done right” attitude
A Plus if you have:
- Experience working with the open-source audience
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits, including:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.