Are you interested in Internet of Things (IOT), Real Time Streaming Analytics, Infrastructure and Network instrumentation and insights? InfluxData is looking for a Sales Engineer to join the expanding US West Team who not only has a love of technology but also has a passion for helping customers discover what is possible and designing solutions to solve problems.
In this role, you will partner with the regional sales team members in addition to the Professional Services, Support, Product Management and Engineering teams to educate prospects and customers, contribute to future product requirements and ultimately increase revenue and grow our customer base.
This is a remote position, working from home unless traveling for face to face meetings with customers, conference, meetups or the wider InfluxData team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the InfluxData regional sales team to drive revenue and the wider global Influx sales engineering and sale team on occasion
- From a technical perspective, own the sales cycle, working with your partners on the sales team to progress prospects through to customers
- Maintain the technical relationship with your customers on an ongoing basis to aid retention and promote expansion opportunities within existing customers
- Be an advocate for prospects and customers with the InfluxData Engineering, Product and Support Teams
- Build strong relationships across teams
- Educate prospects and customers about InfluxData products and how they can be leveraged
- Understand the needs of prospects and customers, helping them design solutions addressing their requirements and exploring the “Art of the Possible”
- Develop a deep understanding of the InfluxData products and technologies and work closely with Engineering and Sales to resolve critical technical issues
- Take responsibility to formal RF<X>s responses and informal prospect Q&A/Workshop sessions
- Write content for blogs, community, etc.
Your skills and experience:
- 3+ years experience as a Sales Engineer in an Enterprise Software company
- Excellent presentations skills (verbal & written)
- A creative mindset to help customers realize what is possible and the ability to be able to explain complex technical problems in a simple way
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Familiar with Linux and Windows scripting and Operating System fundamentals
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time
- Proven experience remaining flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment
- A background with any sort of data be that relational (SQL), non-relational (Document / NoSQL), or Big Data (Hadoop / Spark) from an administration or usage perspective.
A plus if you have:
- Containers - knowledge and experience with Containers and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, Apache Mesos or DC/OS
- Architectures - having an understanding or background in distributed systems will definitely help including n-tier architectures, microservices or even serverless solutions.
- Experience with Cloud Providers such as AWS, GCE, or Microsoft Azure and Virtualization technologies.
- Familiarity with Agile practices and DevOps all help engage with contemporary application development cultures at the core of our customer base
- Exposure to IoT including Industrial Plant monitoring, SCADA, PLCs, MQTT or OPC-UA are all helpful and pertinent to an ever growing Industrial Process Automation customer base.
- Experience with Industrial IoT Historian solutions such as OSIsoft PI System, Wonderware etc
- Spoken/written fluency in other languages
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits, including:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.