About the Role
Common is growing rapidly and expanding into multiple new cities in 2019. We are looking for ambitious, self-motivated business people to be the next generation of employees turning housing into a consumer-focused industry. This is an entry-level position with strong career development and the opportunity for rapid promotion into senior sales, member services, and real estate roles. This role reports to the Leasing Manager and is eligible for monthly commission.
- Tour prospects through new homes or existing homes. Determine the sales strategy associated with filling a new home vs. existing homes.
- Be an expert on all available products in a region - new homes and existing homes. You should be comfortable speaking about the differences between homes, and able to match/sell the right home to the right prospect.
- Weekly goal setting and demand generation. Determine priority of vacant rooms, based on a number of competing objectives. Communicate those priorities to marketing and inside sales to produce demand against that inventory.
- Work with our development team to design tools and dashboards to support leasing activity for homes.
- You have 2+ years of sales experience (real estate preferred but not required).
- You will be able to demonstrate both a consultative and aggressive selling style if need be, and can tailor our value to respond to prospect’s specific pain points and challenges.
- You are comfortable working in environments where you will be able to take initiative and carve out a path to success for yourself.
- Your schedule is flexible and will be willing to work weekends and evenings if need be.
- Ability to travel to support new home openings in other markets
- Emotional intelligence, coachability and a strong work ethic
What We Offer
Common offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, Life Insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, STD/LTD Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Transit Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401K (coming soon!). Additional benefit such as paid vacation, paid sick time, weekly team lunches, office snacks, flexible working hours and more are also available.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.