Motif is applying data and technology to update fundamental equity research. We are a small, dedicated team looking for a talented individual to join our thematic investment research team.
As a Thematic Research Analyst, you will be an integral part of Motif’s core investing team. Thematic research sits at the cross-section of fundamental and quantitative research, applying data science and quantitative methods to long-term investing. We study innovations and trends driving change in the economy and build investment models to create customized portfolios for our clients. You will be predicting how the world will change in the next decade, and how to invest in those changes to generate outperformance.
As a company, we bring the best of Silicon Valley to investment management. We are dedicated to scaling through automation in order to keep our clients’ money invested in their portfolios, not their advisor.
- Studying economic, socio-political and technological trends and events that drive investment returns
- Originating data-driven solutions to fundamental investment questions
- Applying the best available tools – including Excel, Bloomberg, SQL and Python – to turn human insight into investment portfolios
- Presenting the results of your research internally and to clients
- Keeping up-to-date with news and events relating to the equity markets and our investment portfolios
- Managing research projects from idea inception through to trade execution
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or other quantitative discipline
- 2+ years experience in finance and investment management
- Experience analyzing macroeconomic, sector or industry trends in a systematic manner
- Strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint and industry tools such as Bloomberg
- Familiarity with data science tools, such as SQL and Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Motif is a next-gen investing company that uses breakthrough technology and data science to build innovative investment products for individuals, institutions and advisors. We are a team of thinkers, creators and builders solving some of the most interesting and complex challenges in the finance and technology space.
Our award-winning brokerage platform allows individuals to intuitively invest in portfolios of stocks built around themes, investing styles or multi-asset models. For our institutional clients, we build data-driven custom portfolios that can be deployed in a range of financial products including SMAs, ETFs and structured notes.
Our investors include Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, and a number of tier 1 Silicon Valley venture capital firms. Board Members include former Securities Exchange Commission Chairman Arthur Levitt and former Boston Consulting Group Chairman & CEO Carl Stern.
Motif Capital Management, Inc., is an SEC-registered investment adviser and a separate, wholly-owned subsidiary of Motif Investing, Inc., a registered broker-dealer and member SIPC. The firms are headquartered in San Mateo, California.