LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: Sr. DevOps Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director, Operations and Security
As an integral part of the operations team, the Sr. DevOps Engineer will be in charge of making sure the TigerConnect service stays an industry leader and has the top level of reliability in the industry. Join us and help manage the Amazon EC2 and additional cloud / hosted infrastructure. Responsibilities will include monitoring and tuning the performance of the infrastructure and identifying and correcting bottlenecks in the system while working with development teams on optimizations and best-practices.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will have at least 10 years of commercial experience as full stack Software Developer and/or Linux Systems Administrator, with at least 3 years of current commercial experience as a DevOps Engineer working on a high-traffic site.
What You’ll Own:
- Develop tools to help engineering team efficiency
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipeline
- Contribute to the design and architecture of TigerConnect platform
- Participate in on-call rotation to help maintain uptime
- Perform loadtests and performance optimization
- Improve monitoring and ops tools for better efficiency
What You Bring to the Table and Have Owned Before:
- Infrastructure as code / cloud / data center automation (Chef, Cloudformation, AWS API)
- High-performance, open source web technologies (nginx, haproxy)
- Public cloud platforms (Amazon EC2, Rackspace Cloud)
- Open source databases (Redis, Cassandra, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Hadoop)
- Monitoring systems (Sensu, Logstash, Kibana, Graphite, etc)
- Messaging systems (Kafka, ActiveMQ)
- Common Unix network protocols (ssh, tcp, http, snmp, smtp)
- Common data formats (json, ASCII, xml)
- High-availability, high-performance technologies (NLB, CDN, memcache, etc)
- Exposure to Erlang and NodeJS is a plus
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent
Who We Are:
As healthcare’s largest provider of clinical communication solutions, TigerConnect helps physicians, nurses, and other staff communicate and collaborate more effectively, accelerating productivity, reducing costs, and improving patient outcomes. With over 7,000 facilities, delivering hundreds of millions of messages monthly, TigerConnect continually delivers advanced product innovations and integrates with critical hospital systems such as the EHR, nurse call, and scheduling solutions. It is recognized as a top Must-See LA Tech Office, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, and one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2015, 2016, and 2017. TigerConnect currently has over 120 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.