LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: Technical Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of Product Management
TigerConnect is seeking a Technical Project Manager to act as an integral part of the product delivery process. The TPM will own and oversee many aspects of product development including the tracking, sequencing, and final on-time delivery of each project.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a fast paced environment and be highly organized and dedicated to upholding a thorough yet streamlined process. The TPM will attend scrums with various teams, manage special projects in addition to standard Engineering and Product feature projects, report and escalate any potential roadblocks, and document notable activities throughout each stage. This position will juggle many tasks and projects at once and will partner with Product and Engineering managers on a wide variety of complex initiatives. The TPM also has solid belief in the principles of Agile and the knowledge of when to bend them to fit the team and/or scenario.
What You’ll Own:
- Produce and maintain project plans
- Document and communicate progress against plan
- Be the owner and authority for up-to-date project status
- Facilitate/foster communication and discussion for team members when necessary
- Identify dependent tasks (cross-functional) and consistently follow-up to ensure completion
- Follow-up on due tasks (cross-functionally) and report/escalate blockers in a timely manner
- Attend scrums (cross-functional) with the purpose of understanding how completed work contributes to project completion
- Attend special project meetings (with customers, vendors, etc.).
- Identify and lead process improvements through observations and retrospectives (i.e. new strategy, new tools, new process)
- Weekly project tracking emails to stakeholders
- Feature release tracking and any necessary communication across the company.
What You Bring to the Table:
- 3-5 years of experience managing the delivery of software development projects and features within a nimble, cross-functional, and Agile environment.
- BS in technical discipline with strong understanding of mobile and web technology (you don’t have to be a developer but you should consider yourself to be technical at a high level)
- Anticipate bottlenecks and escalate foreseen issues to the right team members before they become blockers
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills (you are likely considered ‘Type A’)
- Solid grasp on product roadmap processes and software development lifecycle.
- Foster meaningful discussions and question assumptions when there may be confusion or ambiguity.
- Understanding of (and appreciation for) best practices and how to implement them for the right scenarios.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with project management tools (Confluence, Jira, Trello, Smartsheet, MS Project)
- PMP or CSM is desired, but not required
Who We Are:
As healthcare’s largest provider of clinical communication solutions, TigerConnect helps physicians, nurses, and other staff communicate and collaborate more effectively, accelerating productivity, reducing costs, and improving patient outcomes. With over 7,000 facilities, delivering hundreds of millions of messages monthly, TigerConnect continually delivers advanced product innovations and integrates with critical hospital systems such as the EHR, nurse call, and scheduling solutions. It is recognized as a top Must-See LA Tech Office, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, and one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2015, 2016, and 2017. TigerConnect currently has over 120 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.