What You’ll Do
- Read technical literature, schematics and documents
- Work well under pressure using your own initiative sometimes without direct instructions or supervision
- Quickly adapt to new projects, and complete tasks within a set time frame
- Computer literate using G Suite, Jira, and Asana.
- Be vocal and present for meetings with other Technicians/Engineers and the wider team.
- Ability to document work and assist Technical Writers create quality technical documents
- Physical requirements: Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
What You’ll Need
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with outstanding hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Ability to be a detail oriented team player, but also work well independently when required
- High proficiency and understanding using hand tools, power tools, and torque instruments
Bonus Points If
- Expertise working with multiple cross functional teams
- Basic understanding of both high and low voltage electronics and electrical systems
- A love for bicycles and various forms of alternative transportation
- Occasional requirements to travel both domestically and internationally
- Working knowledge of Solidworks is a considered a plus!
About the Team
JUMP is building the future of urban mobility: shared electric bikes that are the quickest, most enjoyable, and most empowering way to get around a city. Cheaper than most public transit and faster than cars in traffic, JUMP e-bikes radically improve local transportation. Founded in 2010, JUMP pioneered dockless bike share and has deployed more than 15,000 bikes in 6 countries. Our goal is to transform cities, making them more sustainable, equitable, and livable through electric mobility. Recently acquired by Uber, our next step is to scale what we’ve done 100x - and launch electric bike sharing systems in every major city, globally. To make this vision a reality we need to grow our team. We place tremendous value on our company’s roots and culture: a mix of ingenuity, controlled chaos, hard work, and sense of purpose. This is a great opportunity to join a small but rapidly growing team that is shaping the future of transportation.