General Manager, Restaurant Onboarding - Uber Eats (US/CAN) at Uber
New York City, NY, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
On the Uber Eats Regional Operations team, we're helping to scale our most impactful processes and initiatives, support markets, and drive innovation in the business. The Restaurant Onboarding team is focused on providing new restaurant partners with the best possible experience as they prepare to receive their first delivery requests on the Uber Eats platform. Our Onboarding team is essential in the growth of the Uber Eats platform as the core link between Sales and an active partnership.
This is a multi-faceted role that requires proficiency to set and drive the strategic vision of our Restaurant Onboarding Team as well as manage the ongoing operations of the team and production function. The Restaurant Onboarding Team is responsible for taking restaurants from signing a contract with Eats to being a happy, active partner on the platform. During this period of hyper-growth, we need leaders who can excel in ambiguity and work cross-functionally with other Uber Eats teams to execute new initiatives that will create more valuable experiences for our restaurant partners.
What You’ll Do
- Own short and long-term vision for Restaurant Onboarding and related early lifecycle implications for restaurants
- Manage throughput of the Restaurant Onboarding team to ensure we’re bringing restaurants onto the Eats platform at a high conversion level, quickly, and with a high degree of satisfaction
- Develop & lead a team of Project and People Managers responsible for supporting the Restaurant Onboarding and early life cycle experiences
- Manage the project governance process from strategy to implementation, with a focus on the implementation of new onboarding processes, including automation and work performed by external vendors
- Partner with US&C Uber Eats Sales Leadership, Sales Ops, and Restaurant Ops to develop and deliver key strategic initiatives that will help drive more efficient and loyalty-inspiring onboarding experiences
- Develop analytical frameworks to support prioritization of programs and decision making in Restaurant Ops, focused on onboarding and the first few months of a restaurant’s partnership with Uber Eats
- Create, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models on the status of key programs and initiatives
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to provide insights that drive decisions around process, policy, and operating model changes
- Communicate the key program outcomes and insights to key stakeholders
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree + At least 8-10 years of professional experience in project management, consulting, high growth operations or startup environment or 12 years of equivalent work experience
- At least 7 years of experience managing large teams
- Strong & proven project management skills (plan and execute projects with multiple work streams and dependencies) and the ability to manage cross-functional projects and meet aggressive deadlines
- Excel proficiency and data intuition
- Outstanding communication skills. Including public speaking and the ability to present effectively in front of peers and senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop team members effectively, set team goals, guide people to their highest levels of performance, and through challenging situations
- Optimistic leadership: You have an enthusiastic attitude and are passionate about making magic for our Community. You view every customer interaction as a chance to impact our restaurant partners in a positive way
Bonus points if
- Project Management Professional (PMP Certification)
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies
- SQL proficiency
- MBA or advanced degree
About the Team
On the Uber Eats Regional Operations team, we're helping to drive innovation, scale our most impactful processes and initiatives and support various Uber Eats markets. You will lead high performing teams, as well as innovate on Restaurant Onboarding processes to grow the business. This role will work closely with cross-functional and cross-team counterparts to lead high impact initiatives across the US & Canada.