Aporeto is looking for a talented full-time developer responsible for a Linux based enforcer which will be a part of an enterprise grade cloud security product that will enable companies to have better workload protection in the cloud and simplify the management of security. Aporeto is rethinking security for today’s dynamic Data Center and Cloud, and our solution is being adopted by different companies.
We seek an engineer who will be building system services for the Aporeto enforcer a software agent that runs inside application workloads to enforce security policies as governed by the Aporeto security product. The candidate should be willing to learn new technologies and have a passion for solving hard problems and flawless execution. You are highly skilled at solving problems, are motivated and self-driven, and ready to work with a small, senior, strong team of engineers in a quickly growing company.
- This role primarily focuses on building a host-based agent which will act as a probe for collecting data for analytics and reporting as well as enforcing policies.
- Your code will be used in a lean agent that delivers security by building on proven, pre-existing mechanisms inside Unix operating systems in order to minimize its footprint.
- You will bring expertise in building system services combined with extensive Unix platform knowledge that can be leveraged to build innovative solutions.
- Your code will be helping to secure our customers most critical systems and applications.You will design features for the Aporeto enforcer, from concept, design, development to release and support.
- BS + 4 years of relevant work experience, or MS + 2 years, in computer science or related technical field.
- Source control such as Git/CVS/Perforce.
- Strong Linux platform knowledge required.
- Good knowledge of networking fundamentals (L2-L7)
- Good understanding of the IPFilter and IPTables open-source firewalls is desirable
- Experience developing multi-threaded and multi-process applications
- Languages: Strong C, Desire to learn Golang.
- Solid experience with high performance and scalable systems
- Understanding of modern cloud technologies such as Docker is desirable
- Understanding of Virtualization technologies such as Xen, KVM or other hypervisor