Aporeto is a VC backed startup in the area of cloud native security. We offer a Zero Trust security solution for cloud, containers and microservices, allowing companies to achieve granular application segmentation. The Aporeto platform protects cloud applications from attack by authenticating and authorizing all communications with a cryptographically signed identity assigned to every workload.
To date, Aporeto has raised over $34M from world-class and strategic investors like Norwest Ventures, Wing Ventures, and Comcast Ventures.
Who We Are
We are passionate about drawing on diverse experiences, creative thought, and unintuitive approaches to create value for our customers and blaze a new path in our industry. Our “no bullshit” motto speaks to our directness and honesty, and our work to building trusted relationships with people and between applications.
About the Role
Aporeto is looking for a versatile Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing team. As an ideal candidate, you:
- Are a smart, highly motivated, self-starter who thrives in a bottoms-up, fast-paced, highly technical environment.
- Are passionate about distributed systems and working with highly scalable services.
- Enjoy new technological challenges and are motivated to solve them.
- Are enthusiastic about making better software and continuously improving the development, integration, and deployment processes.
- Are an effective collaborator and experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams.
- Design, develop, and deliver the required software engineering to build, release and service the Aporeto SaaS and On-premise software.
- Own continuous integration of Aporeto applications/tools
- Support deployment, availability, reliability, performance and customer escalation targets for various environments
- Proactively identify and reduce issues through design, testing, and implementation of software-based solutions
- Drive efficiencies through software improvement and root cause analysis resulting in service delivery, maturity, and scalability
- Work within a highly skilled team of engineers to deliver revolutionary improvements to the cloud and scale them
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of engineering or systems experience with distributed systems
- Professional experience with Kubernetes and helm
- Familiarity with Golang or Python
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience leveraging cloud architecture, applying site reliability principles, and/or demonstrating sensitivity to operational concerns with cloud deployment technologies like Terraform or CloudFormation (AWS)
- Demonstrated ability to debug, fix, and optimize code
- Full-stack troubleshooting skills across network, application, hardware, management fabric, and distributed services layers
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent industry software engineering experience