We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity that is cognitive computing. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and even the workplace. CognitiveScale is looking for talent to drive market success by developing and applying new technologies to solve business problems that are important to our clients.
CognitiveScale builds enterprise software that helps companies win with Artificial Intelligence. We make AI work for our client’s business by helping them engage their customers better and making their processes smarter by accelerating the adoption of AI in the client’s enterprise.
Overview of Team
We are a small yet successful dynamic team in the UK leading the way in AI enabled business transformation solutions across many blue chip organisations. Our multidisciplinary team enables client engagement and full project lifecycle from solution selling and into delivery. Existing delivery focused skills include account management, architecture, security, business analysis, data analysis, software development, machine learning, project management and UI/UX.
Due to growth in our business we are looking to expand our team as we take on new clients, new domains we are looking for the ‘right person’ to join us. We are looking for a strong tech leader to design, develop and debug complex web-based applications.
- Collaborate with peers on solution design, work estimation and implementation of new features including interfaces, contracts with storage system, data transformation and handoff to client technical team.
- Keep on top of task and defect management system for assigned issues for each iteration as well as estimate and assess work priority.
- Plan by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of remaining work committed for a release
- Plan and execute an incremental and iterative software development process
- Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow
- Work with Customer and CognitiveScale project leadership to ensure implementation of CognitiveScale products and services are delivered on time and on budget
- Identify and champion opportunities to evaluate emerging technologies
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record in designing, developing and debugging web-based applications
- Understands the full Software Development Lifecycle
- Implementation of API using popular frameworks
- Understanding of data-flow orchestration systems such NiFi, Airflow etc.
- Experience of working and leading Agile development
- Experience of Git
- Innovative, passionate and a great problem solver
- Strong hands-on experience in front and back end development
- Familiarity with best practices for web usability and interaction design
- Familiar with Angular 2, React frameworks
- Experience of building native mobile app (ios/android) would be an advantage
- Visualization libraries such as D3
- Relational databases
- Graph Databases
- Big Data
- Messaging, including NiFi
- ETL technologies
- Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
Some client related travel is expected, mainly constrained to Europe with regular trips to Austin, Texas and India to work with the wider organisation.
Cognitive Systems learn and interact naturally with people to extend what either man or machine. These systems harness the power of the five forces shaping our digital world today: cloud, mobile, big data, analytics and social to help connect us, widen us, and deepen who we are.
We know that a company is only as good as its people. That is why we are relentlessly focused on creating a company which attracts the best and the brightest rewards them for excellence and results. Come join us.