Designation : Safety Head
Education : B.E/ Diploma
Experience : 15 to 25 years
Location : Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Job Description :
- Developing safety management plans and overseeing the implementation of the same as per the guidelines, also preparing daily, weekly and monthly status reports to monitor the compliance.
- IRC implementation in NHAI Projects
- Devising and implementing emergency response plan for in-plant operations; conducting Safety Committee meetings and implement the practicable suggestions through involvement of Safety Committee members.
- Developing contractor safety management guidelines and number of safety motivational / training programs for improved safety culture within organization.
- Carrying out plant inspection, interaction with workers, developing SOPs, implementation of Work permit system, hazard communication and monitoring preventive & corrective actions.
- Maintaining cordial relationship with internal departments, sub-contractors and clients, also assessing the causes of unplanned failures of Plants and equipments and take remedial measures.
- Conducting and administering safety awareness program and training for all at site.
- Liaising for investigation of accidents/ incidents/near misses with corrective and preventive actions, also conducting site safety audits, inspection as per statutory rules and company’s policies.
- Handling vendor development, assessment and co-ordination for procurement of safety gadgets as well as implementing good housekeeping activities at site.
- Proficient in leading the safety cell to analyse the causes & reduce accidents, increase awareness among the employees towards maintenance of safe working conditions.
- Competency in developing Safety Management System, conducting compliance audits, advising on safety requirements, and maintaining sound safety standards as per management system guidelines.
- Adept at developing safety plans, overseeing implementation as well as conducting field safety survey, site safety surveillance and auditing for compliance.
- Strong skills in reviewing and revising risk assessments, method statements, appraising sub contractors, auditing, site inspections, and implementing safe working systems, setting up safety committees on site, safety & fire auditing, updating policy, procedures.
- Knowledge of many aspects of industrial processes to anticipate as well as reduce the chances of an accident happening, also possess demonstrated skills in relationship management and communication coupled with excellent analytical and leadership ability.