You will be a technical leader in the company. It will be your responsibility (and pleasure) to guide the team in adding new features, updating existing ones, enhancing reliability and performance, optimizing processes, and recruiting and training new team members.
As a Software Engineering Leader & Manager you will be leading development teams that are responsible for delivering accurate and timely data in innovative ways for our Engineering team. The successful candidate will have influence over the vision, features and design of the critical data used to drive the business. You will own all phases of development life cycle from gathering business requirements, design and modeling, development, deployment, and support. You are responsible for all things people on your team – hiring and developing a high performing team of software engineers.
- At least 12+ years of progressive technology experience in Software Engineering functions and have/show leadership initiatives
- Proven ability in architecture and building scalable systems.
- At least 2 years of experience in Search (Semantic/Contextual / Others )and Recommendation
- Understand software architecture and system design very well Good at problem solving and innovative thinking Love to be Hands-on.
- The ability to envision the future engineering needs of the company – Plan and implement accordingly The creativity to do things differently Excellent logic and problem-solving skills
- Predictably deliver high-quality, scalable software in the search and recommendation vertical and Provide engineering execution excellence, as well as technical vision and direction, to ensure the development team is aligned with the strategy of the company .
- Define objectives and track results for team members in a supportive, motivating, and fact-driven way Proactively identify and resolve issues relating to people, product, tech, and process
- Work across other departments to get alignment on dev-related items
- Coach team members on coding practices and in making business-driven decisions Lead and manage an effective engineering function to support productive development and quality of life for the development team
- Build a development dream-team, including recruiting, hiring, mentoring and performance management
- Work closely with the company leaders including the technical founder, product, operations, and Customer Care to strategically Use fact-based analyses to deliver recommendations Make decisions related to managing the software development process and team