Act-On Software, a leading provider of SaaS based Digital Marketing Services is looking for Site Reliability Engineers to join our team and help build our next generation platform. We’re looking for engineers with strong backgrounds in Infrastructure as Code, who understand the elegance of simplicity and who thrive working in a collaborative agile environment.
- You will participate in SRE software engineering, writing code for the continuing reduction of human intervention in operational tasks and automation of processes
- You will monitor the Enterprise Application on our hybrid cloud infrastructure, responding to incidents, correcting and improving systems to prevent incidents and planning capacity
- You will manage Cloud provider infrastructure, system deployments and product releases
- You will be involved in resolving customer support issues
- You will demonstrate and promote best practices for teams using hybrid cloud platforms
- You will participate in 24x365 on-call schedules for dedicated customers
A Candidate Must Have:
- You are a software engineer with real interest, and some experience, in Linux systems, networking, monitoring and automation.
- You have at least three years of experience using a public Cloud; AWS, GCP, Azure, SoftLayer or OpenStack
- You have used Ansible, Puppet, Chef or another config management suite, know where it's broken, and open to trying new alternatives
- Healthy knowledge of Linux (have compiled your own kernel at some point, know how to trace syscalls, understand TCP, care about the difference between sysvinit/runit/systemd, etc.)
- Desire to represent work in git, driven by a GitHub workflow through issues and pull requests
Experience and Education:The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through various types of experiences, education and training and are typically obtained through a college degree or equivalent professional experience.
Some of the technologies we use:
Java 8, ReactJS, Sass, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Kafka, Maven/Gradle, Bamboo, Jenkins, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Docker, Vault, Terraform, Puppet, Bosch, Go, Ansible
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.