About the Role
Here at LendingClub, we take pride in helping our customers through our ethos of service: Lending Care. As leaders in the market, we seek individuals who are excited about their career, inspired by our vision and embody our values. By joining the Operations Learning and Development (L&D) team as a Facilitator, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and grow team members in Operations into high performing associates, who empower those who strive to achieve financial success. As a facilitator you are relied upon to lead learning sessions that impact performance in Operations and for creating a learner centric environment.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to empower our frontline by helping them provide best in class service through three simple principles:
“Build a Relationship, Make it Easy, and Think Ahead”
You are an excellent communicator, presenter, and teacher who will measure learner performance, the quality and effectiveness of training, and apply appropriate learning tools to maximize the learning experience. You will maintain proficient knowledge in at least two production departments within Operations; maintain and apply learning tools (methods, checklists and skill building agreements) to encourage team member development.
What You'll Do
- Deliver engaging, interactive training to adult learners. This may include everything from new hire training programs, to that of professional development or leadership.
- Lead live and virtual classroom instruction to LendingClub team members in Operations, without always being the subject matter expert yourself.
- Partner with and rely upon coaches and subject matter experts to relay best practices and tribal knowledge utilized in the Operations community.
- Participate in LendingClub Ops L&D training certification program and certify by way of classroom observation according to standards set by L&D leadership, twice each year.
- Lead new hire training programs for periods of 6 weeks at least 6-8 times during a calendar year; responsible for the overall on-boarding experience for the new hires.
- Manage leadership tasks for new team members, such as managing new hire time, performance coaching / management, 1:1 feedback during class and monitoring performance during the learning cycle.
- In addition to providing leadership expertise, the facilitator is also responsible for managing the new hires’ adherence to schedule, breaks, etc.
- Ensure all change management communication is covered with team members during their participation in a training program.
- Facilitators will track, and document performance according required metrics, as well as have corresponding performance management conversations as required.
- Prepare for training sessions by ensuring that materials have been prepared and logistical information has been communicated according to required training playbooks.
- Work closely with instructional designers and technical writers on the creation of training curriculum and documentation.
- Partner with the Learning Analyst to collate data on their new hire with regard to attrition numbers, tardy occurrences, OJT(on the job) performance, etc. and assist in the building and reporting of learning performance data to stakeholders.
- Use metrics as benchmarks and offer evidence of the effectiveness of the training and organizational change.
- Measure post training performance gaps to identify opportunities for continuous improvement with an emphasis on achieving performance results.
- Learn Quality Assurance (QA) standards required by LendingClub, and take steps toward calibration with the QA team, to provide QA feedback to learners during OJT portions of training.
- Up to 50% travel required.
- 5+ years facilitation experience
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience managing large groups and experienced in coaching to performance
- In-depth knowledge of learning and development technique, theories, methods, materials and programs
- Knowledge and experience working in and Operations setting
- Experience managing a Learning Management System
- Proficient Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive change within teams
- Team player, willing to adapt based on business needs and value a service mindset
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.