About the Role
You will be responsible for dramatically improving the scalability of LendingClub and borrower/investor experience through automation, process and new technologies. This position will work closely with Risk Management, Credit & Fraud Operations, Member Support, Investor, Product, Engineering and other operational leadership teams to identify, develop, test and optimize business processes scalability. The Business Operations Manager will drive diverse projects and initiatives with a large degree of autonomy and visibility.
Sample projects include:
1. Design and optimize contact strategy across all customer segments (2) Design and lead the implementation of a new customer communication channel (3) Supporting the launch of new investor products
What You'll Do
- Dedicated and relentless leadership and project execution. Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations. You are known as someone who “gets stuff done.”
- Structured thinker. Develop and leverage frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, facilitate alignment on key strategic decisions among various stakeholders and identify the 80/20 opportunities to reach insightful, actionable answers without boiling the ocean with analysis overload.
- Technology and Process Design. You are equally comfortable solving problems through technology as you are through operational excellence, and know when to employ the right tactic.
- Great communicator. You connect easily with front-line agents to truly understand how our operations work, and you make a convincing case to our executive team about how we should change.
- Athlete. Play a wide-variety of roles to get the job done.
- Fast Mover. We move fast...done is better than perfect, and continual iteration is important. You are ready and excited to learn on your feet and help build a growing business.
- High-energy, positive standout colleague. This is a highly cross-functional role; egos are not welcome.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 5-8+ years of experience in business operations, product management, banking/PE/VC, and/or consulting role
- Top-notch communication and presentation skills, including experience communicating insights through data with senior-level executives
- Self-starter and ability to own projects from initial question development to rollout
- Prior financial services experience, particularly in lending
- Master of Business Administration
- Previous entrepreneurial / project management / software development experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Stata, R, JMP, Excel and other data analysis software
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.