About the Role
As a Sr Network Engineer you will manage network performance from an informed and experience viewpoint, and lead efforts to optimize, troubleshoot, maintain, and provide engineering support to the network infrastructure. You’ll directly influence roadmaps and perspective on LendingClub's datacenter and enterprise networks, with a focus on AWS deployment currently underway.
What You'll Do
- Identify and develop scalable network designs, solutions and policy recommendations.
- Respond to reports of network or associated system failure or diminished performance. Diagnose issues and initiate appropriate actions for repair to return the infrastructure systems to full operational status. Promptly raise issues to appropriate departments or team members as required.
- Effectively communicate with Engineering and DevOps to establish requirements, serve as a technical resource to NetOps.
- Build and maintain network documentation as it relates to the standardized network topology, equipment and configuration.
- Utilize network monitoring tools for troubleshooting and capacity planning; lead and/or assist team members and customers with problem solving related to network systems infrastructure.
- Participate and support disaster recovery initiatives and change management standards.
- Provide on-call support.
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience designing, deploying, and administering large scale networks.
- Subject matter expert (SME) on networking systems including Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco ASR/ISR routers, NEXUS/Catalyst switching systems, ASA firewalls (VPN) and Wireless LAN Controllers.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) DirectConnect, VPCs, subnets, route tables, IGW, VGW and EC2 is a MUST.
- Experience with large project rollouts. Ability to drive a project from planning through completion.
- Expert knowledge and skill in BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VRF, PBR, VPC, HSRP, 802.1Q, QoS, STP required.
- Experience in network security features - ACLs, VPN - IPSEC, GRE, Remote Access VPN required.
- Knowledge and experience in Python Scripting and Ansible for Network automation and analytics.
- Troubleshoot and analyze network issues using Wireshark, tcpdumps etc.
- Experience with network monitoring (SNMP, Syslog, Cloudwatch etc.)
- Knowledge of security, virtualization, cloud computing and software defined networking.
- Linux/Unix experience preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills including the ability to create detailed design and documentation.
- Some travel required.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.