About the Role
Legal Operations is charged with improving and maintaining the Legal team's internal processes, systems and technology tools. Our responsibilities include managing legal spend and increasing overall operational effectiveness by implementing new technologies and policies.
As the Legal Department Operations Analyst, you will help with the Department's operations related to financial planning, organizational and IT initiatives, process development and coordination and resolution of cross-functional issues. With an eye to process improvement and freeing up attorney time, you will identify, implement, and maintain innovative processes and systems to improve the efficiency and quality of the Legal Department’s services. Reporting to the Director of Legal Operations, you will collaborate closely with the rest of the Legal Operations team and our partners in IT, Procurement and Finance. You are entrepreneurial, dedicated, and highly organized, with a background in IT or professional services.
What You'll Do
- Act as eBilling Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Create eBilling matters in ebilling system.
- Ensure all appropriate documentation is accounted for (eBilling matter form, Retention Agreement, timekeeper rates etc.).
- Ensure all client guidelines, internal protocol and vendor guidelines are followed.
- Process and manage all purchase orders for the legal department.
- Provide support to suppliers (law firms and Non-Legal vendors) on eBilling regarding invoice submissions, on-boarding, accruals, etc.
- Set-up and ensure all budget templates are provided/completed.
- Run monthly reporting: open matter report, budget reports, top 10-15 matters, etc.
- Provide benchmarking data for new timekeepers via eBilling benchmarking tool.
- Ensure timely communications with appropriate parties (i.e. Finance, Law Firms, Litigation Bill Auditor, Litigation Team) to resolve billing issues.
- Actively monitor eBilling progress including status reporting in ebilling system, work-in-progress, client, matter and timekeeper set-ups, and other key process aspects.
- Assist in efforts to improve current processes, identify new processes, technology system enhancements and standard methodologies that improve overall Legal operational effectiveness.
- Analyze and document current state processes and systems.
- Identify areas of improvement and efficiency opportunities.
- Collect, document, and prioritize user requirements for new tools and process improvements.
- Research and identify technical/functional solutions that will meet business requirements.
- Assist in the design and configuration of technical/functional solutions.
- Coordinate efforts of technical teams to ensure that requirements are implemented correctly.
- Partner with legal users during project implementation to execute test scripts/scenarios as part of user acceptance testing phase.
- Day to day legal support, including. effective staff training and supporting knowledge transfer for all legal software systems and business process automation and optimization.
- Provide administrative support for legal applications, including billing tool and other existing tools.
- Ad-hoc project administration support.
- Collect data and run reports to assist in business decisions.
- Assist in collecting and reporting on key performance indicators and metrics to ascertain the legal spend management performance.
- Perform project status reporting, both at a high level and detailed.
- Able to understand and interpret end to end business processes.
- Translated technical issues back to legal partners.
- Acted as a liaison by connecting technical teams to the appropriate end users, as needed.
- Has worked with development and business personnel to develop and execute test plans and test scripts.
- Has developed user documentation and training materials and led user training.
- Has strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Loves to solve problems and is not deterred by initial obstacles.
- Embraces technology as a means to enable and automate business processes.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or long-term experience performing the responsibilities listed above.
- 5 years of relevant experience, 3-5 years of working in a Legal environment such as a law firm or within a legal department.
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization and our law firms’ organizations.
- Consummate teammate with excellent judgment.
- High level of professionalism; handles sensitive/confidential information with appropriate care. This role requires a can-do, self-starter who possesses exceptional multi-tasking and communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to present technical information to a non-technical audience, and the ability to understand and interpret business requirements.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Competent in handling multiple tasks in a changing environment with attention to detail and perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Strives to gain strong institutional knowledge about department and company processes.
- Budget management experience is highly desirable
- Accounts Payable/Receivable experience a plus.
- Experience in implementing legal related technology systems or tools a plus.
- Prior experience acting as the liaison between legal and IT, Finance and other various business units preferred.
- Prior experience with Tymetrix or other eBilling tool; document management tools, collaboration tools, MS O365, MS Office (highly proficient in PowerPoint and Excel) and eDiscovery.
- Experience managing small to medium size IT projects with a legal focus.
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise Legal systems.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.