About the Role
Here at LendingClub, we take pride in helping our customers through our ethos of service: Lending Care. As leaders in the market, we seek individuals who are excited about their career, inspired by our vision and embody our values. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to empower our frontline by helping them provide best in class service through three simple principles:
“Build a Relationship, Make it Easy, and Think Ahead”
Lending Club is seeking an experienced people leader to join our fast-paced Payment Solutions Team. This individual will demonstrate a strong commitment to excellent customer service and utilizing data to achieve business goals, in this case providing first party collections. Our Payment Solutions Team plays a key role in Lending Club’s commitment to our investors and the trust they place with us to maximize their returns. We are dedicated to understanding the life events that impact our borrowers and tailoring solutions that accommodate their needs. Our management approach is data-driven; we utilize key performance metrics, testing, and new technology to continually enhance our servicing capabilities. Our fast-paced, dynamic team environment involves both outbound and inbound customer calls on the borrower side of the business.
We seek to find someone with experience in all phases of account servicing/collections in a call center environment. Ideal candidates will also possess experience in all phases of delivering this service, on-boarding and training, managing, measuring success, and creating incentives to drive best efforts from the team. Past experience base might also include a role in Sales or other customer-facing roles, as well as time managing in an open, collaborative, and innovative culture.
What You'll Do
- Lead and manage a team of 10-15 Payment Solutions Specialists
- Drive execution of Collections strategy while playing a key role in providing feedback to management and business partners on effectiveness challenges, needed tools, and skill gaps
- Leverage weekly 1:1s, real-time coaching, and call monitoring to provide actionable feedback aimed at development of your team members to strive towards exceeding performance expectations and metrics
- Assist in taking escalated calls and providing coaching that focuses on upskilling agent competencies and confidence in taking ownership of challenging situations
- Develop a great team culture with a heavy focus on using performance data and engagement initiatives to drive team successes that align with key business objectives.
- 2+ years in a leadership or elevated role supporting Loss Mitigation/Collections/Customer Service/Sales
- Four-year college degree (or equivalent work/military experience)
- Ability to drive consistent process improvement and apply innovation in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- 3+ years’ work experience in customer-facing operations
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.