ABOUT THE ROLE:
Engineers in Payments team are dedicated to implement strategic billing and payment operations to support hundreds of transactions per minute globally. Our system supports hundreds of different payment methods globally, state of the art integration capabilities with top payment vendors (Stripe, PayPal, Adyen), full-stack responsible from all the purchase flow, scaled to payout thousands of instructors monthly, and always refactored to lead the way. The team plays a mission critical role in Udemy to ensure all the monetization capabilities are highly resilient and always provide the high quality experience.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- As a senior member of the team, you will be working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment, which requires collaboration with product managers, designers and engineers to identify opportunities and implement solutions.
- You will relentlessly refactor existing systems to make them more robust, maintainable, and scalable
- You will function as a technical lead for various projects/tasks as needed. This may involve some project planning, resource planning, and deployment planning in addition to your software engineering responsibilities.
- You will mentor junior engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes.
We’re excited about you because you:
- Know the trade-offs and have the experience to build robust and high scale architectures.
- Have a deep sense of quality, and sharp engineering skills with strong CS fundamentals.
- Are self-driven, own your services by all dimensions and intrinsically have a desire to get things done.
- Act agile by nature, positive, able to see the “the art of possible”, and balance idealism and pragmatism.
- Are creative and not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone.
- Lead by example and contribute to a team culture that values openness, quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering innovation.
- Are team-oriented, friendly, reliable, humble, receptive to feedback, and you gain satisfaction from helping others.
- Have mastery over at least one programming language (e.g. .Net/C#, Python and/or Java)
- Are well versed in HTTP and web application stack including modern front-end/back-end technologies.
- Have deep knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, and caching.
- Have proven experience with ORMs (e.g. Django) and RDBMS (e.g. MySQL) including development of complex SQL queries.
- Building and consuming internal/external APIs (including, but not limited to REST).
- Testing methods and practices.
Nice to have:
- Python, Django
- Real-time messaging and NoSQL infrastructures: Redis, RabbitMQ
- Scalable data processing techniques: Kafka, Spark, ElasticSearch, Celery
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 30 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News: