Fungible is a growth stage startup well-funded by tier 1 VCs and strategic investors and poised to deliver fundamental technology that will revolutionize the economics, security and reliability of data centers at all scales.
We are looking for Customer Success Engineers with networking, storage, or computing (especially virtualization) skills as applied in scale-out data centers. You will have the opportunity to work closely with web-scale cloud service providers, OEMs/ODMs, large enterprises and telco service providers for scale-out cloud infrastructure design and solution development.
By collaborating with developers and solution architects, you will be responsible for demonstrating and proving Fungible’s technology, product functionality and performance to customers based on specific use cases and customer requirements. You will be hands on, working with customers in their labs and production environments to implement PoCs, trials, and production. You will troubleshoot problems, identify issues and root causes, implement remediation solutions in hardware and software, and communicate technical details to the customer.
You will probe for and obtain insights from customers on their pain points and relay them to the sales/solutions team. You will also work to obtain competitive insights and position Fungible solutions against the competition.
- Demo Fungible’s technology, products and solutions to address customer use cases
- Prove functionality and performance claims based on customers’ specific requirements
- Conduct proofs-of-concept (PoC) and ensure they are successful
- Evaluate competitive solutions and provide measurable comparisons
- Provide hands-on support for the deployment of Fungible’s solutions and products in customer lab and production environments, troubleshoot root cause of issues and deploy software/hardware upgrades to fix problems
- Promptly escalate technical issues from customers environment to engineering team, and be responsible for post-sales support
- 5+ years of experience in web-scale cloud infrastructure solutions support
- Direct, hands on support/testing in customer environments
- Deep understanding and experience in storage, compute (virtualization) or networking products, solutions and use cases (at least one area of technology expertise is required)
- General understanding of computer architecture, storage, virtualization, SDN and cloud architecture
- Strong experience with Linux
- Strong hands-on experience and verification/testing skills
- Familiar with popular networking or storage testing tools
- Strong C/C++/Python/Bash programming/scripting experience, familiar with JSON and Yang model languages, use of GitHub to check in/out code
- Cloud Architect Certification (AWS/Azure/GCP/Alibaba) is a plus
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics, MS or PhD desirable