Fungible is a growth stage startup well-funded by tier 1 VCs and strategic investors and poised to deliver fundamental technology that will revolutionize the economics, security and reliability of data centers at all scales.
We are looking for Solution Architects with networking, storage, or computing (especially virtualization) skills as applied in scale-out data centers. You will have the opportunity to work closely with web-scale cloud service providers, OEMs/ODMs, large enterprises and telco service providers for scale-out cloud infrastructure design and solution development.
By collaborating with elite hardware and software engineers, you will be responsible to bring Fungible’s cutting-edge technology and products to customers, discover and define customer technical requirements, propose tailored solutions and PoC plans, assist customers to execute PoCs, and drive adoption. You will discover new use cases for Fungible’s highly flexible technology that addresses customers’ pain points in data center infrastructure.
You will be involved in the new solution creation and development process for data analytics and AI/ML infrastructure, joining product management and domain experts to develop new use cases and solutions, shape the product roadmap, and drive product and technology evolution in new and exciting technology areas. You will also probe for and obtain competitive insights and position Fungible solutions against the competition.
- Identify target customers and engage with them to uncover technical requirements and business opportunities
- Identify specific use cases, pain points, current solutions and customer success metrics
- Position Fungible solutions and differentiate relative to competitive alternatives
- Drive successful proof-of-concept (POC) engagements from definition to deployment
- Coordinate Fungible resources to ensure customer success
- Provide input to product management and engineering for product planning and enhancement
- Define new use cases and develop solutions for customers’ needs
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and training
- Author white papers, guidelines and recommendations on technology and products
- 8+ years of experience in web-scale cloud infrastructure solution design
- Deep understanding and experience in scale-out storage, computing or networking products, solutions and use cases (at least two areas of technology expertise are preferred)
- Broad knowledge of computer architecture, storage, Linux, virtualization, SDN and cloud architecture
- Experience working directly with customers to craft scale-out solutions
- Cloud Architect Certification (AWS/Azure/GCP/Alibaba) is a plus
- C/C++/Python/Bash programming/scripting experience, familiar with JSON and Yang model languages
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask effectively in a dynamic environment
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics, MS or PhD desirable