Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
The Health Catalyst Data Operating System is a major evolution of our Enterprise Data Warehouse. DOS enables hospitals to process both real-time and batch data, integrate AI and SQL, and create, find and reuse healthcare content like populations, measures, value sets etc.
This role will be part of a brand-new team in DOS focusing on architecting and building Terminology micro-services that enable customers to define, find and use Terminology assets like value sets, groupers etc. Previous experience in a healthcare-related organization is desired but not essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The team uses agile and user story-driven development practices for full stack development as well as for enhancing existing software. All work is done in a team setting with a focus on team accountability and success. You will provide feedback to colleagues through code reviews and pair programming where high standards, passion and the drive to deliver exceptional products are second nature. Collaboration, mentoring and helping others are just part of who you are.
- As most of the team works remotely, you will need to be self-driven and communicate effectively to ask for (and give) help, direction, or clarification as needed.
- As a core developer for this new team, you will need to be able to communicate with Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts, other development leads and team members.
- Soft Skills & Important Traits
- Team Player
- Professional focus and drive
- Passionate about the application of technology to solve real world problems
- Prepared to lay a strong architectural foundation for a brand-new code base
- Commercial Software Development Experience
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience building software
- Working knowledge of agile tools and source code management systems (Git, VSTS, Jira, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Working knowledge of modern integrated development environments (IDEs like Visual Studio, VS Code, etc.)
- DevOps experience (configuring build/deployment)
- Agile/Scrum software development practices
- Programming Skills
- Knows, and has worked in, programming languages
- Is curious and capable of learning new languages rapidly
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns
- MVC & derivatives, Façade, Adapter, SOLID etc.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Database Skills
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of relational database systems (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostGRES)
- Technical Skills
- Data warehousing experience
- NoSQL database technologies (ElasticSearch, MongoDB)
- Healthcare domain knowledge, HL7, FHIR
- Business Intelligence experience
- Application Security
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA in Computer science, information systems, or other technology/science degree.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience building commercial software
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.