InfluxData is a fast-growing Series D startup that offers InfluxDB, a time series database recognized industry-wide as the clear leader of the fastest growing database category. InfluxDB is running on hundreds of thousands of machines, used by teams worldwide to monitor and understand their systems and devices. The majority of our users are developers and builders using our open source software, but we also offer enterprise and cloud SaaS products, all exposing a single unified API.
We’re looking for our first Program Manager on the Engineering team. In this role, you will be a part of our growing and talented Engineering organization, reporting to the SVP Engineering. You will also work daily with with stakeholders and partners across the company, from Product Management to Operations, Support, Documentation, and Developer Relations.
Many InfluxData employees are remote, so you have your choice of being remote, or working out of our San Francisco office.
*From a remote perspective, we currently support the UK, Germany, Italy and following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, GA, ID, IL, MA, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA *
What you’ll be doing:
Full lifecycle Program Management responsibility in partnering with engineering teams to lead them through all aspects of product delivery, from Vision and Planning through Design, Execution, Delivery, Operations, and Support, with a continuous delivery model.
Leading the engineering planning process, from driving the long term vision, to delivery and execution cadence across our varied delivery vehicles.
You’ll coordinate and execute the Rhythm of Business for the engineering organization. You are detail oriented, and effectively manage competing and changing priorities and goals.
You’ll provide effective communication and alignment of work to vision, plans, and strategy, with effective coordination and execution in a world of often-competing goals and prioritizations.
Deep technical expertise in large-scale developer data platforms, with a well-informed point of view on cost, difficulty, risk, and benefits of various potential implementation options.
Collecting, creating, and using data effectively to make informed decisions, and enabling others across the organization do the same.
Coordinating inputs, desires, asks, and requirements from users, customers, Product Management, and other stakeholders, and encoding a point of view as a coherent engineering plan of deliverables, including goals, kpis, and priorities.
Designing and execution project management and coordination activities, from creating delivery plans to racking deliverables, status, KPIs and progress towards them, and ensuring effective communications architecture for all stakeholders, internal and external.
Your skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent real-world experience
- 10+ years in Commercial and/or Open Source Software Engineering
- You get stuff done, and lead by example
- Effective verbal, written, and large group communication skills, with audiences from IC engineers to executive leadership
- You are driven and motivated by delivering great outcomes and capabilities to our users and customers. The rest is a means to that end.
- Strong bias for action, with ability to handle ambiguity, and take on tasks as necessary to succeed. We are a startup.
Highly Desired experience:
- You live and breath developer-focused platforms and APIs
- Data ingestion, Data storage. Data transformation. Data analytics. Did I mention Data?
- IoT, monitoring, logging, or other high volume, high scale data activities
- Linux and open source development
- Large-scale distributed systems
- SaaS engineering and operations
- Ci/CD in a live service
- Live service monitoring and operations
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits, including:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.