We’re looking for a stellar Staff Accountant to join our team!
In this role, you will play an integral part in establishing financial processes and supporting the Controller in preparation of financial statements, ensure accurate and timely completion of AR/AP, and take on general accounting tasks. We are looking for bright, empathetic, and goal-oriented individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to be able to make visible contributions to the company. If you are passionate about driving change in a dynamic business environment and have a background in Accounting, we’d love to chat.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Supporting the Controller in preparation of accurate and timely Financial Statements for the month, quarter, and year end close, in accordance with GAAP;
- Performing weekly & monthly accounting tasks such as AP, AR, expense reimbursements, journal entries, etc;
- Preparing balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure accurate account balances;
- Assist with technical accounting projects related to revenue recognition and other SaaS related topics;
- Assist with selecting and implementing a new ERP system;
- Support existing accounting procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve our processes and efficiency;
- Ad hoc reporting and analytic projects as assigned by Controller.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an Accounting role
- Strong organizational and verbal / written English communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking capability
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a must
- You are self-motivated, deadline driven and result oriented, a problem solver with a can-do attitude with strong teamwork skills and strong desire to drive changes
- You are highly skilled in MS Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup, etc.), able to work with large data sets and build reports
- Public Accounting experience preferred although not required
- CPA or CPA track preferred although not required
InfluxData provides a modern time series platform that has been designed from the ground up to handle metrics and events (time-series data). The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We're backed by Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures.
We offer fantastic benefits including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance with 99.9% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA (up to $1000 company matching)
- Commuter Benefits ($100 company paid allowance)
- FTO - Flexible Time Off gives you the ability to take time off as you need it, whenever you need it!
- We promote and live a work/life balance
- Outreach Club: take part of volunteer activities, movie nights, monthly trivia and fun events like going to baseball games!
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, 401k (non matching)
- SF Office Perks: Free lunch Tuesdays and Thursdays with lots of delicious/healthy snacks
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.