WHAT YOU’LL DO
As part of the Mobile Release team your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with key stakeholders on defining our release schedule, ensuring all proper quality gates are in place and ship a stable app to our end users at regular cadence
- Move fast to deliver frequent, high quality mobile releases
- Monitor, measure, and communicate release metrics to a broad internal audience
- Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, evaluate tradeoffs, and call out impediments taking into account product features and third party dependencies
- Identify technical and process improvement opportunities, and work with cross-functional teams to implement
- Create and maintain internal documentation on release programs to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Continuously improve alpha, beta, and production release tooling and process
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- BA/BS degree with 2+ years of professional experience working
- Experience in release management of mobile applications (iOS/Android) in fast paced, highly collaborative and high growth environments
- Expert in app submission, review, and release methodologies, including alphas and betas
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers and identify technical risks
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience managing activities across multiple teams
- Proficient in use of issue tracking tools and platform-specific app stores
Uber’s changing how the world moves, and we need talents and passion to make it happen.
ABOUT THE MOBILE TEAM
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
Underneath the hood we’re redefining the way mobile works -- we’ve developed our own mobile architecture, open-sourced many of our tools and libraries, and we like to talk about it too. We’re big on engineering solutions at scale and we’re even bigger on contributing to the greater mobile community.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.