Program Manager, Uber Freight at Uber
San Francisco, CA, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We’re looking for a program manager to lead marketing programs for a cross-functional marketing team. You will be responsible for end-to-end execution on large scale marketing priorities, from strategic planning stages through creative implementation and analysis, across all channels.
From design to data, strategy to development, you need to love to get into the weeds with problems to figure out how to break down barriers and drastically increase output. Documentation and creating fun, efficient, scalable systems are your thing. People love working with you because you make everyone’s life easier and always know the status of every project. Last but not least, you love marketing. You agree that marketing is how Uber tells its story and there is no better way to tell our story than through the lense of our millions of individual riders and drivers.
The right person will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and can thrive in a startup culture. This role is all about ensuring the executional success of our marketing campaigns, enabling the marketing team to grow the business as quickly as possible. If you are ready to work in a high-performance culture and take marketing to the next level, come join our team.
What You’ll Do
- Project manage various marketing programs across teams of researchers, strategists, marketing managers, writers, designers and developers.
- Work closely with cross functional internal teams to build out plans for high visibility projects and programs by identifying requirements, dependencies and building work back schedules to manage to deadlines. Look for connections to other projects and recommend simplification and integration points.
- Estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources accordingly. Track progress, understand dependencies, and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders.
- Work closely with Product, Brand, Marketing, Ops and Sales teams as a primary point of contact for program efforts, and ensure campaign is delivered on-time for launches.
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- Ability to balance team expectations, business needs, and resources to ensure correct prioritization of cross-functional work as a project evolves.
- Establish world-class workflows and ensure that learnings are documented, shared, and rolled out.
What You Need
- Minimum of 6 years experience in a consumer-facing software environment.
- Hands-on experience project managing an initiative from start to finish. Achieves project goals while managing scope, time, quality and risk. Learns from failures as well as successes.
- Familiarity with creative process and an understanding of branding and user centered product design. Enjoys working closely with researchers, writers, and designers.
- Familiarity with owned and paid channel processes and inputs required to build GTM programmatic plans.
- Familiarity with program management software and process solutions.
- Experience with software GTM processes and business to business marketing deliverables, channels and overall approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions.
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and work across multiple functions and teams.
- High degree of initiative to drive projects to completion
- Self-motivated and driven. Ability to work well independently and within a group setting