Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a talented Marketing Manager, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) to join the Acquisition Marketing team. In this role, you will be focused on expanding Casper’s North America customer base through the development and execution of SEM strategy across all search engines and many marketplaces. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented contributor with a passion for data-driven decision-making and experience in marketing, data analysis, and optimization, as well as excellent project management skills. They will also have an understanding of how SEM fits into the overall media mix and corporate strategy. This position presents a great opportunity to further scale an important multi-million dollar marketing channel into a best-in-class program at a rapidly growing company.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Develop and own SEM strategy and execution towards performance goals. This includes campaign creation, budgeting, measurement, reporting, testing, and optimization across Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Amazon AMS as well as other paid search channels.
- Forecast budgets based on seasonal/promotional trends and manage budget pacing in tandem with performance, reconciling any discrepancies as needed.
- Create a robust testing roadmap to continue to scale the SEM program.
- Continuously optimize the campaigns to drive maximum ROI.
- Collaborate with channel managers on strategy and measurement, providing thoughtful, data-driven POV and potential opportunities.
- Develop and execute media plans for targeted brand initiatives, such as product launches, store openings, partnerships, and promotions
- Develop robust tracking and reporting processes, highlighting learnings and opportunities. This includes measurement for Casper’s eCommerce, Retail, and Wholesale businesses.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing analytics, creative, tech and SEO to maximize paid performance.
- Identify, vet and test new and emerging products and platforms to expand reach and increase efficiencies.
- Own and execute landing page strategy for this channel
- Monitor Industry trends and shifts in the competitive landscape
Our dream candidate is...
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience managing multi-million dollar performance-based SEM programs with a proven track record of driving ROI. Expertise in Google Ads & Bing Ads, with a deep understanding of best practices as it relates to campaign set-up, structure, bidding, bid modifiers, ad copy, extensions, shopping feed management, and landing page testing.
- Outstanding analytical, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills with an attention to detail and ability to multitask and manage time.
- Familiarity with different attribution methodologies and different measurement approaches (e.g. LTV, ROAS) as well as online-to-offline measurement
- Ability to develop strategy and influence cross-functional groups, along with the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change.
- Understands how channels work together and works with other channel managers to grow the overall Casper business
- Experience with DCM, Search Ads 360 (formerly Doubleclick Search), Amazon AMS, Google Analytics, and product feed tools
- Up-to-date with the latest SEM trends, best practices, competitive tools, and search marketing products.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and mentoring qualities, and inspires peers and junior team members to learn and expand their skill set, guiding them in the right direction.
- Start-up and eCommerce experience a plus
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!