Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Hardware Engineer (HWEE) to design and build products that are underpinned by scientific research and focused on the improvement of sleep. Our Product team is small, highly collaborative, and equally passionate about the quality of their work and the difference they can make in people’s lives.
) was created to re-imagine sleep
from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper
products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company
’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper
was named one of Fast Company
’s Most Innovative Companies
in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Collaborate cross-functionally: work closely with mechanical engineers, firmware engineers, and product designers to help realise new product concepts
- Design end-to-end: find creative solutions to drive projects from the concept phase all the way through to mass production
- Rapidly prototype: spin boards, write scripts, and demo product ideas and conceptual features to product designers
- Ensure quality: hit BOM cost targets through wise component selection, develop and execute comprehensive design validation plans
- Build in volume: work with our manufacturing team around the world to develop and refine assembly line processes for each product
- Work in our San Francisco location, travel required
Our dream candidate is...
- BS/MS/PhD EE or ECE
- 2+ years of electronic design experience
- Strong EE fundamentals and system integration
- Has built complex PCB designs using schematic capture and PCB design tools
- Familiarity with flexible circuit and rigid-flex circuit design
- Hands on experience in board bring-up, debugging, EMI/EMC testing, functional verification, and manufacturing support
- Organized self starter, excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong logical reasoning and problem solving abilities
- Track record of shipping products in a cross-functional engineering environment
Nice to Have
- High-speed design experience
- Worked with BT/BLE, WiFi, and other wireless protocols
- Experience with regulatory certification processes (FCC, CISPR, etc.)
- Knowledge of thermodynamics and heat transfer
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Cash incentives for for sleep and fitness tracking and other fitness perks
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!