Casper is looking for a Tech Pack Designer/Developer who will bring experience, clarity, management, organization, and personality to our team. It is important to us that this person has the capability and energy to successfully execute product development process from proto sample to final MRP. And to deliver manufacturing ready product specifications for the Casper brand in line with aesthetic and innovation goals, global sourcing strategies, cost, quality, safety.
- Create technical specification packages
- Capture and document product designs from rough/early stages to final manufacturing specifications.
- Work closely with designers and engineers to translate product intent into clearly drawn and annotated specifications.
- Update and build cohesive product documentation and specification packages across multiple products and categories, from soft-goods to furniture.
- Migrate and manage all product documentation into internal PLM software.
- Act as a liaison between Design and Product Management for quality product execution and bulk production problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree (5+ years combined college education, pattern-making training and work experience may be substituted for a degree); Design school degree a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience focusing on the execution of design concepts
- Proven experience in developing product illustration, drafting, and specifications for launched/manufactured products.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, CAD (Solidworks, Rhino), Illustrator, PLM, and any other fit development programs a plus.
- Comfortable working with spreadsheets, BOM’s, and lots of part numbers.
- Experience in the apparel & home textiles industry focused on a variety of fabrics and product types.
- Experience in interpreting designers’ fit direction with the ability to interpret and direct corrections to contractor pattern work
- Preparing fit meetings, conducting fit sessions, updating patterns and specification documentation in required systems
- Strong understanding of product development calendars and a sense of urgency to meeting all required deadlines
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal) with attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills; especially when it comes to working directly with senior level directors
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to be flexible with shifting priorities and levels of urgency.
- Ability to be flexible in a multi-task environment
- Strong team orientation
- Excellent discretion, judgment, tact, and diplomacy
- Must demonstrate an energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and passion!