Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
The Accountant would be responsible for to helping close the books, account reconciliations, and many other ad hoc projects. A well-rounded accountant will be a valuable business partner as we continue to scale the business.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Ownership of the implementation of ASC 842, Leases
- Prepare monthly statements of income, balance sheets and cash flow of the company
- Manage the month-end close process as it relates to lease accounting and work closely with other accounting teams throughout the close process
- Analyze balance sheet and income statement accounts and prepare account reconciliations as appropriate
- Prepare journal entries as appropriate
- Reconcile ERP sub-ledgers to the General Ledger
- Assist in the consolidation and elimination process
- Support annual financial statement audit process
- Other responsibilities / adhoc projects assigned by the managers as the nature of the company continues to evolve
Our dream candidate has...
- BA/BS in accounting or finance
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar environment
- Willingness to extend themselves and assist other people
- Understanding of financial controls
- Experience and competency working with Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Public accounting experience
- Prior experience with an E-commerce and/or manufacturing entity
- Exposure to a SOX environment
- Prior start-up experience
- Accounts payable and/or accounts receivable experience
- Exposure to large ERP systems