Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. A critical component of our mission are the health plans that extend the Omada program to their members and employer clients.
We have published 11 peer-reviewed articles showing the efficacy of our program across various populations and leverage a pay for performance business model. The business is growing rapidly, and to help scale our impact, we are looking for an Account Executive for our Health Plan team to sell our solutions in to the health plan ecosystem.
As a key part of our Health Plan Sales team, the Account Executive, Health Plans will be responsible for identifying and establishing relationships at the executive level at health plans within the assigned territory, closing contracts for coverage of Omada, and ensuring successful implementation after contract close. This position is a quota-holding, individual contributor role with assigned geography/prospect lists.
The ideal candidate has experience in health plan contracting/sales and payer strategy formulation. A proven ability to navigate complex environments and successfully sell to senior-level executives is a must. The ideal candidate will care about solving a customers needs with passion, drive and class, and will operate with a level of integrity that allows us to shine with our partners and the broader healthcare ecosystem. Compensation for this role will include a base salary plus variable compensation tied to individual performance.
As part of the Omada Sales team, the individual in this role will:
- Identify opportunities within their territory that are a fit for the Omada solution and manage the sales process within those accounts
- Work closely with strategic partners and internal team members to collaborate on market, account and opportunity strategies that lead to new health plan business
- Leverage a consultative sales approach with prospects to learn more about their needs and how Omada might complement their strategies
- Have the desire to be part of a rapidly growing organization
This position reports to the Vice President, Health Plan Sales and will require the person work cooperatively at all levels within the organization. The corporate culture is one in which smart, dynamic, driven and vibrant individuals thrive.
Candidates must understand the complex environment and processes of health plans and have a proven track record of success in selling solutions in this environment.
We’re looking for the following:
- 5+ years of experience selling clinical products, programs or solutions to health plans
- Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Experience maintaining ongoing relationships with large, complex clients
- Ability to close a sale, having the communication skills, credibility, and authority to handle each client from lead generation through contract execution
- Experience learning and communicating clinical data and concepts for the purposes of sales and marketing to CMO’s, Medical Directors, C-suite, VP functional owners, and Sales/Account leads
- Perseverance to drive contracts for our unique solution forward, often educating the health plan about the required contracting model and Omada’s fit within the landscape of existing health plan programs and resources
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills
- An agile, intelligent, dynamic thinker with ability to tailor messages and communications to the intended audience and respond nimbly during prospect meetings across numerous topics
- A team player that will vigorously drive towards exceeding their own quota and deliver outstanding results, but never do so at the expense of a colleague or Omada
- Experience working for an emerging-growth company (a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Some travel is required
- Can be located anywhere in the US, but you will be managing Central and Eastern book of business
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.