Senior Director Program Management is a hands-on management role reporting to SVP of Engineering and will support the development and deployment of SaaS/Cloud features. You will partner with Product Management, Engineering, QA, DevOps, Customer Support, Customer Success, Marketing and Sales to determine the best path to ensure project success. You will need to show business leadership by creating new processes, and by driving alignment to existing processes while balancing the needs of the program team and of the stakeholders. You will provide the overall project management direction and will be accountable for program/project success.
You will play a key role in supporting the team on the adoption of Agile practices. As such you will display deep hands-on knowledge on both the processes and techniques required by these practices, as well as on the tools needed to drive them with numerous and distributed teams. The ideal candidate will be driven to improve our processes.
- Program Manage large complex cross functional project dependencies which horizontally stripe across different organizations: Server, Clients and DevOPS.
- Improve engineering efficiencies
- Able to create reports and metrics that accurately summarize complex projects.
- Report status of programs at executive level.
- Define and drive implementation new change management processes to meet the development, operations and governance objectives.
- Own relationship with the various stakeholders to understand risks and drive successful execution.
- Drive logistics for the organizationComprehend dependencies, project risks and come up with mitigation strategies by working with cross functional teams
- Collaborate with engineering leaders to strategize, plan and implement agile org (aka Spotify like organization model)
- BA/BS degree
- 10+ years of experience with 5+ years technical program/project management experience with focus on software development
- PMP Certified
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and presenting engineering metrics
- Developed/deployed SaaS/Cloud Services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solver via collaboration
- Documented Agile development workflows
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience partnering with vendors
- Strong understanding of industry business processes related to product development and software development lifecycle
- Active participation and ownership for compliance audits such as SOC or PCI
- Proven track record in mentoring and coaching teams on the adoption of new approaches and practices
- Strong understanding of software tools, technology and processes
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Jira workflow
- Availability to work on flexible hours to allow interaction with different time zones
- Experience working with 300+ engineering organization
- Strong skills related to meeting management and facilitation
- Ability to formulate implementation options and help achieve win-win solutions for internal stakeholders
- Strong logistics background with contracts and procurement
- Experience with product localization