Weka's high performance distributed file system is revolutionizing the storage world, and is the world fastest scalable file system today. Customers trust us with their data, which makes quality being the key for our success As a storage architect we want you to be part of the leadership of the QA by making sure the right things are tested.
About the Senior QA Automation Engineer Position
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer, you will part of of a team that is responsible for the product reliability and stability, the core requirements of any enterprise storage product. The QA process at Weka is based on automation and continuous integration and testing. Our QA team is based on highly skilled Python programmers that are responsible for creating a test coverage for all system functionality and configuration. This is a challenging and complex engineering task since in storage the testing of a feature can be in many cases more complex than its implementation.
Senior QA Automation Engineer Responsibilities
As a Senior QA Automation engineer, you will need to:
- Create detailed, well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Implement automated tests in Python
- Gain in-depth understanding of a complex, clustered system and be able to analyze failures in such systems
- Once an issue occurs, you will need to work close with the R&D team in order to identify & analyze the problem and to verify and test the solution.
- Become an storage expert: understand terminology, protocols, configurations, architecture and practicalities in the frontier of the storage technology
Senior QA Automation Engineer Requirements
The successful candidate should have experience the following:
- Extensive experience as a automation QA engineer in an automated QA environment of a complex clustered system
- Python programming experience
Senior QA Automation Engineer Nice To Haves
- Storage background is an advantage